Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by "Pratt, Jason" <Ja...@windriver.com> on 2015/07/01 19:11:15 UTC

feature.xml

Hello - I am trying out karaf-4.0.0 and wanted to see how feature.xml are working in the /deploy directory. Is there a way to add a feature to a feature.xml and have it install itself?

Example:

<feature name="myFeature" description="test jndi for Karaf" install="auto" version="1.0.0">
        <feature dependency="true">jndi</feature>
</feature>

I see it does add the repo, but doesn't install the feature.

If I am reading http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.3.0 correctly, install=auto won't work for the jndi feature. Is there another way to have it install itself from a features xml file?

Thanks,
Jason

Re: feature.xml

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
As the feature is pretty simple (just a transitive dependency), and jndi
feature installs without problem, I think the problem is on deployer,
not the resolver, especially as the schema changed.

I gonna take a look.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: feature.xml

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Re: feature.xml

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update Jason.

Let me take a look on that. I keep you posted.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré