Posted to community@apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2009/10/05 23:41:45 UTC

Re: [apachecon] NoSQL meetup in Oakland

On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 11:48 +0200, Jukka Zitting wrote
> I was thinking of potential cross-project meetup plans for the Content
> Technology track at the ApacheCon US 2009, and one idea I came up with
> is to organize a generic NoSQL gathering of non-relational database
> projects. We already have CouchDB, Jackrabbit, Hadoop and Lucene (and
> Cassandra?) people around, and it would be cool to invite also people
> and projects outside the ASF.
>
> WDYT?

This sounds great. I'm not sure if anyone else from the Cassandra camp
is planning to attend, but I'll be there.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [apachecon] NoSQL meetup in Oakland

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
> I volunteer to chair if you need it.

That would be great, thanks!

I'll send you more details in private.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [apachecon] NoSQL meetup in Oakland

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
I volunteer to chair if you need it.

geir

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Noirin Shirley <no...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:51 AM, Brian McCallister <br...@skife.org>
> wrote:
>> Do we have any more time/date thoughts on this? I know Mr. Dynomite
>> and would love to invite him over.
>
> According to http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsUs09 this is
> booked for Monday evening, November 2nd.

Correct.

Since our MoinMoin wiki is still causing some trouble, I created a
standalone web site to better advertise the meetup and to start
accepting sign ups:

Posted by Noirin Shirley <no...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:51 AM, Brian McCallister <br...@skife.org>wrote:

> Do we have any more time/date thoughts on this? I know Mr. Dynomite
> and would love to invite him over.

According to http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsUs09 this is
booked for Monday evening, November 2nd.

MeetUps should expect to start around 8pm, although we'll try to have the
spaces available by 7:30pm for setup.

Noirin

Re: [apachecon] NoSQL meetup in Oakland

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
I'll be there - I can talk about Voldemort (using it in prod at Gilt,
and giving a talk on it at NoSQL East the prior week...)

geir

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@skife.org>.