Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@netcetera.dk> on 1999/02/05 16:25:56 UTC

Re: Multi-threaded apache rather than pre-forking

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Vincent Janelle wrote:

> Just so you guys know, roxen was configured to run 25 threads and was
> handing over 320requests/min, or 5 requests/second..  Not trying to troll or
> anything, but thats what the load was like with the /. effect..  Its pretty
> interesting to watch over 3-4 minutes and see the # of requests count past a
> thousand when you fire up a webserver =)

We have a 'everything-is-created-on-the-fly-from-databases' system running
apache/mod_perl which can handle far more than that, on a single PentiumII
box. 5 requests/second isn't that much at all.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>