Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Steve McCoole <mc...@smm.com> on 2006/04/19 13:33:02 UTC

Checkout of 1.1.1 source impossible from SVN?

It seems as if there is no way to check out the 1.1.1 source from SVN.
When the client (linux or windows) proceeds to the api external it fails
all the time with a bad url.  I'm trying to check out the following:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/release/tags/1_1_1/

Is there something that I'm missing here or can this be looked into in
the respository configuration?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Checkout of 1.1.1 source impossible from SVN?

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I just committed what I hope is a full fix for getting 1_1_1 tag from
svn and being able to do a full build.

(If anyone sees any issues with my changes, please speak up so I can
fix it asap)

To build it, do the following

$ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/release/tags/1_1_1/
myfaces-tag-1_1_1
$ cd myfaces-tag-1_1_1/build/
$ ant

Then take a look in each directory under myfaces-tag-1_1_1, you will
have a dist folder there with the distribution artifacts.

--
James Mitchell

Posted by Steve McCoole <mc...@smm.com>.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
It looks like these were moved during one of the reorgs.

 From here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/legacy/tags/

... I see 2 tags that might hold what you want.
  # before_maven_reorg/
  # before_maven_reorg_v2/

Both have a 1_1_1 tag, but _v2 has a 'commons' and a 'current', which
the 'current' directory has misconfigured svn:externals that point
back to the main trunk of each component.  The likely place that the
url you mention is supposed to pull (svn:externals) it's directories
from is the first one I listed, however there is no 'current' on that
tag so it will need to added and have the svn:externals applied to it.

If any of the committers can verify this, I'll take a crack at fixing
this for the tag you need.

HTH

--
James Mitchell