Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Olivier THIERRY <ol...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/20 10:05:47 UTC

Mirror-any setup doesn't work with snapshots

Hi,

I try to user mirror-any setup with Maven 2.0.10 and Artifactory 2.0.2
but it doesn't work with snapshots. Any time I have a dependency to a
snapshot artifact in a POM file, it fails at resolving it.

For example :

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.andromda.maven.plugins
ArtifactId: andromdapp-maven-plugin
Version: 3.4-SNAPSHOT

  org.andromda.maven.plugins:andromdapp-maven-plugin:pom:3.4-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  artifactory (http://intrabe:8080/artifactory/repo)

But I can see this artifact using Artifactory web client, so it exists !

I configured mirror-any this way in Maven settings.xml file :

    <mirror>
      <id>artifactory</id>
      <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
      <name>Horoquartz Repository</name>
      <url>http://intrabe:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
    </mirror>

I see nothing in Artifactory logs, so it looks like no request is sent
to Artifactory.

Anyone has an idea what I did wrong ?

Regards,

Olivier

Re: Mirror-any setup doesn't work with snapshots

Posted by Olivier THIERRY <ol...@gmail.com>.
2009/2/20 Yoav Landman <yl...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Did you experience a different behavior with 2.0.9?
> Can you try explicitly overriding central and snapshots ("classic setup" -
> http://wiki.jfrog.org/confluence/display/RTF/Configuring+Artifacts+Resolution
> ).
>
> Yoav
>
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Olivier THIERRY <olivier.thierry@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I try to user mirror-any setup with Maven 2.0.10 and Artifactory 2.0.2
>> but it doesn't work with snapshots. Any time I have a dependency to a
>> snapshot artifact in a POM file, it fails at resolving it.
>>
>> For example :
>>
>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>>
>> GroupId: org.andromda.maven.plugins
>> ArtifactId: andromdapp-maven-plugin
>> Version: 3.4-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> Reason: Unable to download the artifact from any repository
>>
>>  org.andromda.maven.plugins:andromdapp-maven-plugin:pom:3.4-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> from the specified remote repositories:
>>  artifactory (http://intrabe:8080/artifactory/repo)
>>
>> But I can see this artifact using Artifactory web client, so it exists !
>>
>> I configured mirror-any this way in Maven settings.xml file :
>>
>>    <mirror>
>>      <id>artifactory</id>
>>      <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
>>      <name>Horoquartz Repository</name>
>>      <url>http://intrabe:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
>>    </mirror>
>>
>> I see nothing in Artifactory logs, so it looks like no request is sent
>> to Artifactory.
>>
>> Anyone has an idea what I did wrong ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Olivier

Thanks for your response Yoav !

First, no different behaviour for Maven 2.0.9 or 2.0.10, same problem.

I have explicitely overriden snapshots and central repositories in my
pom.xml as you suggested and it works.
Actually that's the way I used to do it before upgrading to 2.0.10.
But I tried mirror-any feature to avoid this explicit overriding,
because I don't think it's a very good point to configure the same
entreprise repository url in both settings.xml and pom.xml. When I
discovered mirror-any feature I loved the idea that you setup a mirror
to artifactory once, and it will be used for all your Maven projects.
But maybe I misunderstood why mirror-any feature has been added ?

Posted by Yoav Landman <yl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
On 20-Feb-09, at 4:05 AM, Olivier THIERRY wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to user mirror-any setup with Maven 2.0.10 and Artifactory 2.0.2
> but it doesn't work with snapshots. Any time I have a dependency to a
> snapshot artifact in a POM file, it fails at resolving it.

Here's a setup that works for Nexus (but generally applies):

http://www.sonatype.com/books/nexus-book/reference/maven-sect-snapshot-repo.html

> For example :
>
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: org.andromda.maven.plugins
> ArtifactId: andromdapp-maven-plugin
> Version: 3.4-SNAPSHOT

>  org.andromda.maven.plugins:andromdapp-maven-plugin:pom:3.4-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>  artifactory (http://intrabe:8080/artifactory/repo)
>
> But I can see this artifact using Artifactory web client, so it
> exists !
>
> I configured mirror-any this way in Maven settings.xml file :
>
>    <mirror>
>      <id>artifactory</id>
>      <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
>      <name>Horoquartz Repository</name>
>      <url>http://intrabe:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
>    </mirror>
>
> I see nothing in Artifactory logs, so it looks like no request is sent
> to Artifactory.
>
> Anyone has an idea what I did wrong ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Olivier

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.