Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de> on 2013/07/01 11:11:10 UTC

Re: Rivet 2.1 try out

Hi Brice,

well, when I was still on OpenSuse, I had absolutely no problems with
Rivet. It just worked. I have never tried 64 bit on OpenSuse.
I am now on CentOS which is much more difficult.

Bit anyway:
- complain about tclConfig.sh not found in /usr/lib64

On CentOS, you need a file "/usr/local/share/config.site", as described on:
wiki.tcl.tk/Rivet
http://wiki.tcl.tk/3298

OpenSuse is normally the best distribution on my Radar, always recent
and a very good tcl maintainer (Rainhard Max).

I have never tried the test suite...
I had no need to recompile apache, it just worked.

I am still maintaining the ready build rpm modules for rivet.
But since some time, I have no system any more to test them.

I did not get your final problem, waht was solved and what was not solved.

Hope you get it.

Regards,
Harald

Re: Rivet 2.1 try out

Posted by Brice Hamon <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harald,

Thank you for answering my request.

I agree with you on all counts and also have decided to run OpenSuse.

However with apache/rivet I couldn'l find the reason why it failed.

At this point here is what I am trying to do. Any advises welcome:

1) Remove TCL 8.5 and Apache 2 from my host. (12.1 X64). Development lib
also. Remove all local configs also.
2) Reinstall both using yast from the original distribution. Note the the
official TCL 8.5 is not MT.
3) Recompile and install Rivet (as root? ).
4) Run the rivet's test and let you know.

I didn't understand the suid issue Apache add when running the test suite.
I most likely will face this again.

Any advice?

Thank you,

Brice.