Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by pureza <pu...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/14 17:45:27 UTC

Draft-mode validation

Hi,

I have a very big form with two buttons: Save and Submit. If the user hits
the Save button, I want to bypass *some* of the validation, but not all of
it. For example, I want to notify the user of any conversion errors (such as
text in a field where a number is expected), but I want to ignore required
fields.

This article
(http://www.richardnichols.net/2010/10/implementing-a-draft-mode-with-apache-wicket-forms/)
suggests a way of doing this, but my problem is that my form is really big
and includes many sub-forms. How can a sub-form know if we are in draft-mode
validation? Is there a nice way of defining application-wide validation
settings?

Thanks,

Luis Pureza

Re: Draft-mode validation

Posted by pureza <pu...@gmail.com>.
I just found out about Form.findSubmittingButton(). That should do it, but if
you know of any better way, please let me know :-)