Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bo Bodnar <bb...@cleversafe.com> on 2015/04/30 16:46:40 UTC

Question on __machineIP()

Greetings!

I’ve a test script that uses this function call.  For diagnostic purposes, this script uses a Beanshell sampler that outputs the host’s name and its IP address (the latter using the function that’s in the “subject” part of this letter).  The intent is to eventually use this script in a distributed load generation environment, with the remote machines running Linux.  In stand-alone operation, I’ve tested this script under Windows 7, Mac, and older version of CENTOS.  It works as intended under Windows and Mac, but, on the CENTOS machine, the returned IP address is 127.0.0.1.  I seem to recall that others have run across this situation, but don’t recall the solution.  The Jmeter version 2.13 and the Java version on the CENTOS box (running CENTOS 5.2) is 1.6.0_35.  The Java version on the Mac is 1.6.0_65.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Bo

Re: Question on __machineIP()

Posted by Bo Bodnar <bb...@cleversafe.com>.
Thank you, Sebb.  Problem solved by editing /etc/hosts file.

Re: Question on __machineIP()

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The function uses