Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org> on 2002/05/16 04:59:41 UTC

XSLTC and Cocoon

Is someone actively working on integrating XSLTC in Cocoon?

Stefano felt strongly that XSLTC should be ultimately the default stylesheet
processor in Cocoon.
Can someone comment on how far are we from this goal?

People keep discussing benchmarks for various XSLT interpreters, trying to
make the best choice. I think we've already agreed that nothing beats XSLTC
.. that is when it works.

Regards,

Ivelin

Re: XSLTC and Cocoon

Ah...  ok...  :-)

my mistake,

Jimbo

> It sounds like you think XSLTC is related to Xalan-C. XSLTC
> is a component of Xalan-J2 and is Java based. Its objective is
> to archieve better performance by compiling stylesheets into
> java byte-code, called translets, and then running tranformations
> with the translets.
>
> Tom

Re: XSLTC and Cocoon

Re: XSLTC and Cocoon

Guys,

Can I jump in and ask a kind-of related question.

I am using Xalan-C under mod_perl, with a module called XML::Xalan, which is
a perl wrapper for it... It's currently serving me very well.

I am using to mill out static pages, and while our test box is only a little
baby rack server, and not very powerful, the 'preview' pages - which are
served live, are not noticable slower than static pages..

Suffice it to say I am very happy with it..

My question I guess, is are there any standard ways to benchmark it?  Would
any of you guys be interested in results from the mod_perl end of XSLTC use?

Kindest,

Jimbo

Jim Morrison
_____________________________