Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eran Haggiag <er...@barak-capital.co.il> on 2009/10/22 18:00:18 UTC

Repository managers - support for reusable nested groups

Hi All,

We are in the process of evaluating repository managers for our company to
replace our old in-house Apache based repository. One very important aspect
for us is having the ability to define groups of repositories that is
reusable within other groups. This way, we can create once predefined groups
of selected repositories and reuse those groups by including them in other
groups. So, for example, if I add a new local or remote repository I can
update just the group containing this repository, and this group may be
referenced in (be nested/be part of) 5 other groups that I don't have to
manually adjust.

I was using the repository manager comparison matrix at:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Maven+Repository+Manager+Feature+Matrix
to learn that both Artifactory and Nexus claim to have this capacity (named,
"Nest and reuse Repository Groups").
However, while I easily managed to get this feature to work with
Artifactory's 'virtual repositories', I found no way to reuse groups in
Nexus (after investigating the application and reading the docs thoroughly -
without a single mention for this feature). It pretty much looks to me like
Nexus simply does not support reusing groups!

Can anyone confirm my conclusion that Nexus does not support nested reusable
groups, contrary to what is currently stated in the codehaus matrix?

Thanks

Eran Haggiag
CTO
Pegasus Smart Trading
Barak Capital

Re: Repository managers - support for reusable nested groups

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Can anyone confirm my conclusion that Nexus does not support nested reusable
> groups, contrary to what is currently stated in the codehaus matrix?

Nexus questions belong on the Nexus Users list:
http://nexus.sonatype.org/project-information.html

Wayne