Posted to user@aries.apache.org by "Siano, Stephan" <st...@sap.com> on 2013/04/29 10:21:08 UTC

Aries Web Page, Download and Versions

Hi,

If I look at the download page (http://aries.apache.org/downloads/currentrelease.html) there is version 1.0.0 listed as current version for all available modules (which is not true). On http://www.apache.org/dist/aries/ (and the public nexus) there are newer versions for several modules (like 1.1.0 of org.apache.ares.blueprint.core) available, however they do not appear on the download page and I cannot find any release notes for them anywhere. Therefore it is rather hard for me to find out, what the differences between version 1.1.0 and 1.0.1 of the blueprint implementation are (and why version 1.1.0 is named 1.1.0 and not 1.0.2, which seems to be the fixed version for most closed items in the Apache JIRA for this version).

In the development section I found the page http://aries.apache.org/development/releasingaries.html. It looks as if the last two paragraphs ("Making the release artifacts available from the Aries web pages." and "Updating dependencies") are not done for the module releases or do not work as expected.

Is there anything wrong with the process or did the people doing the release just forget the final two steps of the release process? Having some kind of release notes and download links would really make it a bit easier to consume the aries components.

Best regards
Stephan Siano