Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Derek Richardson <De...@appiancorp.com> on 2003/10/22 18:00:45 UTC

What's the Plan?

I am trying to assess the current level of maturity of Pluto and where the project goes from here.

I searched the archives of both user and dev and found little helpful information. I think that, as new people find out about Pluto and come to the website for information, these are some of the first things they will want to know. Is pluto mature enough to deploy in production? In beta? If not, when (best guess) can we expect this? Or, simply, what has to happen for it to be judged production-worthy? Is JSR-168 full implemented? If not, where are the holes? If it is, then what is left to do?

The jakarta project that I have the most experience with is struts, and they include a handy, though tentative, roadmap document link in their left-hand navbar on the main page.

Thanks,

Derek Richardson