Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Kunwarpreet Singh Saluja <sa...@adobe.com> on 2016/04/08 13:20:40 UTC

Splitdn in Oak LDAP ?

Hi Oak Team,

In CRX, We had an option of "splitdn" in order to maintain AD structure while registering AD users in CRX but now in Oak(1.2.x) we didn't find any similar to configure.

Do we have this "splitdn" functionality available in Oak LDAP module ?  Assuming "User DN paths"(user.makeDnPath) as similar configuration in Oak, it didn't work as expected.

Below are the differences for the paths synced in case of CRX and Oak :-

For CRX

Path= /home/users/MIS/TSD/329421

For Oak 1.2.x

Path= /home/users/CN=Mosca\, Patrick/OU=TSD/OU=MIS/OU=CITYOFCHICAGO/DC=cityofchicago/DC=local/HxOYFwEec_hmNHfoW68d

Can this be considered a bug or an expected behavior starting from Oak ?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Kunwar

Re: Splitdn in Oak LDAP ?

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
Hi Kunwar

May I suggest that you create a JIRA ticket
for Oak at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK
indicating what behaviour you would have expected?

We can then decide on whether we want to treat this as
a bug/regression or whether we'd rather decided to introduce
another 'splitdn' option in order not to compromise the
behaviour that existed since Oak 1.0.

Kind regards
Angela