Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Judi Thomson <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/04 00:38:29 UTC

heap corruption on transcode

platform win32
Xalan version 1.3?

We have a XalanNode.
We call getNodeValue which gives us a apparently valid
XalanDOMString.   we can direct the XalanDOMString to
cout and get the expected string.

however.  we need a CString.  Or a standard string.
But we need 8 bits.

So we call the transcode method of the XalanDOMString
to get a std:vector.  This appears to give us a valid
vector which we can loop through and get the value out
of it.  BUT- when we leave the scope in which the
vector was allocated, we get a user-breakpoint error
and if we continue to step through after that point
Visual Studio will complain about a corrupted heap.

We have applied the dinkum ware patches to our
development environment, however vector isn't one of
those patched.

any suggestions?

thanks!
Judi Thomson