Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/16 05:39:57 UTC

[S2] Tiles vs. and Ajax?

I created a quick prototype using plain old JSP pages
with some nested tabbedPanels, a div of which was
loaded via Ajax. That div contained an <s:a.../> tag
that loaded another form. This all worked fine, and
there was much rejoicing.

*yay*

When I moved everthing into the *real* app where the
root page is tiles (the ajax-loaded pages are actions
w/ JSP results) I'm suddenly getting a weird URL from
an <s:url.../> (I think).

The action that is trying to load the dynamic page
works fine; I can get there via the URL and it
displays properly. It's just the link I'm using to
replace a div...

--tab1--tab2--tab3--
----tab2_sub1--tab2_sub2--etc--

tab2_sub1 is loaded via ajax from an <s:div.../> and
contains a link that should load that same div ("up"
one level) from an Action w/ a JSP result.

<s:url action="task" method="edit" id="editUrl">
  <s:param name="task.id" value="#task.id"/>
</s:url>
<s:a theme="ajax"
     href="%{#editUrl}"
     targets="subtabTasks">
  <s:property value="#task.description"/>
</s:a>

This works.

Nearly identical code in my app where the top-most
level is a tiles result. The Tiles layout <head.../>
tag contains the <s:head theme="ajax"/> element, as do
the plain old JSP results from the Ajax actions.

Is there anything I need to know about Tiles vs.
<s:url.../>? The URL being reported by Firebug is,
more or less, like this:

http://localhost:7001/myapp/foo/%22/myapp/foo/task!create.action%22?dojo.preventCache=1171600733111

TIA,
Dave

Re: [S2] Tiles vs. and Ajax?

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mb...@wfscorp.com>.
Are you getting any kind of error? Enable the Dojo debug, setting
debug="true" on the head tag.

regards
musachy