Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Daniel Dekany <dd...@apache.org> on 2019/08/09 22:54:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.29

Hi all,

Please vote on releasing FreeMarker 2.3.29!

As there were changes in the last few days, don't skip testing with
your dependent
projects, even if you already did it recently.

Release Notes:
https://freemarker.apache.org/builds/2.3.29-voting/versions_2_3_29.html

Before proceed, you should know that FreeMarker 2.3.x, for a long
time, always releases a normal and a "gae" variant on the same time,
which are technically two independent source trees (Git branches). The
"gae" variant contains a few small modification in the Java source
code to be Google App Engine compliant, and has freemarker-gae as the
Maven artifact name. Otherwise the normal and the "gae" branches are
identical. Hence they will be voted on together.

The commits to be voted upon are:
- Normal (non-gae) variant:
  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=freemarker.git;a=commit;h=f70ac39487a7f0dc3ab693d36b9798ebf4456c7f
  Commit hash: f70ac39487a7f0dc3ab693d36b9798ebf4456c7f
- "gae" variant:
  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=freemarker.git;a=commit;h=f87eb85972c331a5ca1ff065e8865cb984d769bb
  Commit hash: f87eb85972c331a5ca1ff065e8865cb984d769bb

The artifacts to be voted upon are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/freemarker/engine/2.3.29/source/
where the source release artifacts are:
- Normal (non-gae) variant:
  apache-freemarker-2.3.29-src.tar.gz
- "gae" variant:
  apache-freemarker-gae-2.3.29-src.tar.gz

See the README.md inside them for build instructions!

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ddekany.asc

For convenience, we also provide binaries, which also need to be checked:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/freemarker/engine/2.3.29/binaries/
and Maven artifacts in the ASF Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/freemarker/freemarker/2.3.29/

Please try out the package and vote!

The vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
votes (3 binding +1s) is reached.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache FreeMarker 2.3.29
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Please add "(binding)" if your vote is binding.

 Daniel Dekany

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.29

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Doing so...

Jacques

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@apache.org>.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@dejc.com>.
+1

I tested the binary build with the Moqui test suite and some manual tests,
and all looks good. I ran the tests with both the 2.3.28 and 2.3.29
compatibility modes (ie
with Configuration.VERSION_2_3_28, Configuration.VERSION_2_3_29).

This didn't include any tests of the new features, but the backward
compatibility and prior existing functionality looks good.

-David

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
I'd like to test it out with our WebCMS products. I will try to
complete it by Wed.

Regards,

Woonsan

Posted by Christoph Rüger <c....@synesty.com>.
+1
I finished adding 2.3.29 to our codebase and ran all existing tests again.
also some manual tests.  No problems detected. Works fine. Thanks for the
great work.

Am So., 11. Aug. 2019 um 18:07 Uhr schrieb Daniel Dekany <ddekany@apache.org

--
Synesty GmbH
Moritz-von-Rohr-Str. 1a

Geschäftsführer: Christoph Rüger

Unternehmenssitz: Jena
Handelsregister B beim Amtsgericht: Jena

Handelsregister-Nummer: HRB 508766
Ust-IdNr.: DE287564982

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.29

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1 (binding)

Using temporarily (more for my own reminder)

Index: build.gradle
--- build.gradle	(revision 1865342)
+++ build.gradle	(working copy)
@@ -131,6 +131,9 @@
      repositories{
          jcenter()
          mavenLocal()
+  maven {
+      url 'https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging'
+    }
      }
  }

@@ -199,7 +202,7 @@
      implementation 'org.apache.xmlrpc:xmlrpc-client:3.1.3'
      implementation 'org.apache.xmlrpc:xmlrpc-server:3.1.3'
      implementation 'org.codehaus.groovy:groovy-all:2.4.16' // Remember to change the version number in javadoc.options block
-    implementation 'org.freemarker:freemarker:2.3.28' // Remember to change the version number in FreeMarkerWorker class when upgrading
+    implementation 'org.freemarker:freemarker:2.3.29' // Remember to change the version number in FreeMarkerWorker class when upgrading
      implementation 'org.owasp.esapi:esapi:2.2.0.0'
      implementation 'org.springframework:spring-test:5.1.9.RELEASE'
      implementation 'org.zapodot:jackson-databind-java-optional:2.6.1'

OFBiz tests pass and OFBiz seems to run w/o problems

Jacques

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

 Other than the usual things, I ran the FMPP test suite, and tested if
Docgen generates identical output with 2.3.29.

I have spotted some unfinished work in lambdas (they were even marked with
TODO comments...), but they aren't important, so it's OK to fix them in
2.3.30. (I will push fixes soon, but again that goes into 2.3.30.)

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 Release this package as Apache FreeMarker 2.3.29

I've tested my products and projects, and it seems working fine.
Other checks (build, test, signatures, hashes) are good.
Release notes are great.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Woonsan