Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Kyle Schmitt <ky...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/12 23:41:52 UTC

Proxy causing problems?

I've got an(other?!) odd issue: when I record using jmeter's proxy,
certain dynamic sites die that work otherwise.  Obviously this makes
recording and testing such sites difficult.

Has anyone else come across behavior like this?  Are there better
proxies or known work-arounds to jmeter's builtin proxy?

--Kyle

Re: Questions on response time

Posted by Jian Tong <To...@Toronto.CBC.CA>.
Thank you very much Mahesh ...

Jian

>>> "mahesh kumar" <pm...@gmail.com> 12/13/06 11:24 PM >>>

Hi Jian,

Yes.U r absolutely correct.That is response time of u r URL
only.....Actually this response time mainly depending on u r network
bandwidth also....If u see the statistics the minimum reponse time is .7 sec
only.If u want correct response time then take 95% percentile value(I think
u know this concept)...then may be u will get the correct response time.

Regards,
Mahesh

Posted by mahesh kumar <pm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jian,

Questions on response time

Posted by Jian Tong <To...@Toronto.CBC.CA>.
Hi,

I am very new for JMeter and have got some questions on my first try.

(1) How to explain 'Elapsed Time' in JMeter's result ? Is it equal to 'Response Time' ?
(2) If not, how to compute 'Response Time' ?
(3) I tried to simulate 300 users for 30 sec in my laptop for a specific url and got this:
     Average Time: 27178 ms, Min Time: 701 ms, Max Time: 49941
     ( I would assume the time metioned here represent response time )
     From the above result, the average response time for the specified url is about 27 secs which is abosutely wrong. Anybody can explain it to me ? Is this related to my laptops hardware specifications, like CPU, Memory, etc ?

Thank you very much

Jian Tong

Re: Proxy causing problems?

Posted by Kyle Schmitt <ky...@gmail.com>.
The only error in the jmeter log is a failed assertion result (I had
it check that the response did not contain Server Error), and that the
server returned an error code.

The site is not public, it lives on my companies intranet.

--Kyle

Re: Proxy causing problems?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Any errors in jmeter.log?

Also, is it a public site?

Re: Proxy causing problems?

Re: Proxy causing problems?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Is there anything different about those pages? e.g. applets?

Re: Proxy causing problems?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
That suggests that the proxy may not be returning the data to the
browser properly...

Re: Proxy causing problems?

Posted by Kyle Schmitt <ky...@gmail.com>.
oops one more thing:

Re: Proxy causing problems?

Posted by Kyle Schmitt <ky...@gmail.com>.

Re: Proxy causing problems?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Proxy causing problems?

Posted by mahesh kumar <pm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kyle,
U said that JMETER is not opening the site through proxy.For recording
instead of JMETER use BAD BOY and then import the data to JMETER.I think
this time this may be work..try this one and inform me the status also....

Regards,
Mahesh