Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk> on 2011/04/18 20:48:07 UTC

Joseki or ARQ

Hello list,

I am currently trying to decide on the best infrastructure from the two above to suit my situation.

I have been looking at running Joseki as a tomcat web application (to execute SPARQL queries within my existing web app). From undertaking some initial reading, it looks as though I can query a dataset E.g. my ontology through the Joseki web interface. At this stage I only need to query a fairly small ontology which can be found below. I will be building this ontology library up as time progresses.

http://content.screencast.com/users/WOMBRA/folders/Default/media/cd58d70f-c01c-4d6d-8261-937fd9be5ad4/section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl?downloadOnly=true

Therefore I don't know if it is worth using TDB and ARQ at all or simply sticking to Joseki. Can anyone please provide insight into any considerations I should be aware of.

Thank you in advance

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html

RE: Joseki or ARQ

Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.
Thank you very much for these pointers Andy.

This is great

Lewis
On 18/04/11 19:48, McGibbney, Lewis John wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am currently trying to decide on the best infrastructure from the
> two above to suit my situation.
>
> I have been looking at running Joseki as a tomcat web application (to
> execute SPARQL queries within my existing web app). From undertaking
> some initial reading, it looks as though I can query a dataset E.g.
> my ontology through the Joseki web interface. At this stage I only
> need to query a fairly small ontology which can be found below. I
> will be building this ontology library up as time progresses.
>
> http://content.screencast.com/users/WOMBRA/folders/Default/media/cd58d70f-c01c-4d6d-8261-937fd9be5ad4/section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl?downloadOnly=true
>
>  Therefore I don't know if it is worth using TDB and ARQ at all or
> simply sticking to Joseki. Can anyone please provide insight into any
> considerations I should be aware of.

Joseki includes ARQ.

TDB would provide persistence - but your example is only 329 triples so
reading a file in each time is practical.

See also, Fuseki

http://openjena.org/wiki/Fuseki

except, currently, it's not packed as a webapp so either grab the
servlets it uses or run a separate SPARQL server.

        Andy

While legal, using IRI-characters may limit interoperability.  Jena is
fine with them.

rdf:about="&section6energydomestic2010;hasMaximumAreaWeightedAverageUvalueForAllElementsOfTheSameTypeWhereParametersForColumnADoNotApplyWperm²K"

The "Wperm²K" part.

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service - www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems

Re: Joseki or ARQ

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@epimorphics.com>.