Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2007/03/16 17:24:41 UTC

Re: [axis2] Re: AxisEngine.checkMustUnderstand enforcing actor/roles?

Michael, dims, all:

The first piece of this is done, FYI.  Working on the second part this
weekend.

> That said, the checkMustUnderstand() code is definitely doing the wrong
> thing right now.  The correct logic should be:
>
> for (each header that IS targeted to me) {
>    if (!processed and mustUnderstand==true) {
>        throw version-specific-MU-Fault
>    }
> }
>
> The first cut of "is targeted to me" is something like "has no role, the
> 'next' role, or is the ultimate receiver role".  The next version is to
> support a configurable list of role URIs.

This first cut version is exactly what the engine now does (see
AxisEngine).  I'm going to add a way to configure roles for a) the
engine, b) services, and c) modules.  The roles that are active for a
given MessageContext will be the union of all of those.  We will always
default to supporting the ultimate receiver role, but I'll add config to
turn this off as well (i.e. for Synapse).

--Glen

Re: [axis2] Re: AxisEngine.checkMustUnderstand enforcing actor/roles?

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Got busy with a couple of other things, getting back to this next.
Sorry for the delay!

--G

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Posted by Michael Rheinheimer <ro...@us.ibm.com>.