Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Marco Ferreira <m...@rco.cc> on 2017/11/06 23:30:14 UTC

LoRa power consumption

Hi everyone!

Does any of you have an idea what's the power consumption for Rx with LoRa?

Thanks
--
Marco

Re: LoRa power consumption

Posted by will sanfilippo <wi...@runtime.io>.
Marco:

I read the reference you quoted and this is using a different radio (RFMx 900 MHz radio). The semtech chip I referred to was the SX1276. No idea if there are other chips available that might give you lower power drain. I did a quick online search and found a datasheet for the RFM95/96/97/98 module and it says Lora receive current of 10.3mA. So not sure where the ~2mA came from.

You might be better off asking the Adafruit folks since all the numbers I have seen are around 10mA.

Re: LoRa power consumption

Posted by Marco Ferreira <ma...@altitude.co>.
Thanks Will.

Re: LoRa power consumption