Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Sean Rohead <se...@nextpage.com> on 2003/09/24 01:42:22 UTC

Bug 3304

I wanted to lobby for bug 3304 as an enhancement.  I have an ant script
which calls subordinate ant scripts using the <ant> task.  I would like
to pass the build target to the subordinate scripts so they can execute
the same target as the parent (ie. 'ant compile' calls the compile
target on the subordinate projects).  Without a means of accessing the
target name, I would have to hardcode the target and therefore need to
place <ant> tasks within every single target in the parent build file.
Am I missing something?  Is there another way to accomplish this without
a standard ant.target.name property?

Thanks,

Sean Rohead

Re: Bug 3304

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@paranor.ch>.
Maybe the <subant> task could be modified to use the current target (the
target in which the <subant> task is contained) as the default, instead of
the called project's default target.  That's how my own <subant> works and I
think it is a reasonable default.

--
knut