Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by "Zeinert, Holger" <Ho...@lms-gmbh.de> on 2002/11/21 17:23:44 UTC

RE: Threads problem ? (was RE: Problem opening .ttml file under W indows)

> > >I use Oratcl 2.7. I know this one is an old version and this is
> > >definitely not thread safe. In one frame I did not use Oratcl
> > >(package and DLL not loaded into .ttml) and in the other frame I
> > >use Oratcl. Suprisingly, not always (but most of the times) the
> > >database frame was slow, but it also was the second
> > >frame. Sometimes also the first frame was delayed.
>
> > OK - I'll see if I can duplicate that environment.  I think I have
> > an Oracle database I can attach to here, but if not maybe MySQL
> > would suffice.
>
> Oratcl is listed as being thread-safe here:

http://mini.net/tcl/3839

Yes, I know. But only starting with version 3 or 4. Since an update from 2.7
(which I use today) to 4 include some semantic and syntax changes, I
postponed it as a job for "when-I-have-time". Also, I wasn't sure whether
Oratcl is my only "thread"-problem and my configuration works for me now,
even if it is not the optimum.

Thanks for all your effort!
Holger