Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sun zheng <zh...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/13 14:50:16 UTC

Re: Tomcat and multiple processors

afaik, one java + tomcat instance consumes a lot of memory. i.e. i set it to
max 512MB and startup 256MB.. as previous people of the thread said, you
always install many tomcat so that one instance for one java application,
because it only uses much disk ?? I thought it costs too much memory instead
of harddisk..

I meet the same topic.. as tomcat is designed for one process instead of
multiple-processes to avoid too much memory consuming. I only find one
alternative way to create multiple testing environment for my j2ee
application. that is to rename war files' name from product_test1.war to
product_test10.war, so that I could use one tomcat to manage the ten test
cases.. I cannot use scripts to startup/stop them separately, however at
least i could use tomcat admin to do it manuelly.. of course i need to
define different context in server.xml, including ports from 1024 to 49k,
log file location and context name test1_standalone for example.

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Zheng Sun </DIV></html>