Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Paul Slattery <pa...@macalla.com> on 2002/04/05 15:06:56 UTC

Bad envelope while deploying to axis AdminClient

Hi ,

I am using Axis in conjunction with Tomcat and the IBM wsToolkit. I am
trying to deploy a custom service that I have written in java to the axis
admin client .
I have created the webapp structure using the .war file and .wsdl files
created by the IBM Toolkit . These appear to be correctly defined.
My wsdd deployment file looks like this

<deployment xmlns="  <http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd>
http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd"
            xmlns:java="  <http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java>
http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java">
  <service name="PayAndShopWebserviceImpl" provider="java:RPC">
    <parameter name="className"
value="com.macalla.commerceserver.payment.processor.PayAndShopWebserviceImpl
"/>
  </service>
</deployment>

After trying to run this as follows : java
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient pnsdeploy.wsdd
I recieve the following error

Processing file pnsdeploy.wsdd
AxisFault
  faultCode:  <http://xml.apache.org/axis/:Server.userException>
http://xml.apache.org/axis/:Server.userException
  faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope namespace:
  faultActor: null
  faultDetail:
        exceptionName: org.xml.sax.SAXException
        stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope namespace:
        at
org.apache.axis.message.EnvelopeBuilder.startElement(EnvelopeBuilder.java:10
8)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(Deserialization
Context.java:643)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1376)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XMLValidat
or.java:1191)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:994)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java:381)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1081)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext
.java:204)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:378)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:323)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:303)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:310)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:261)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.main(AdminClient.java:344)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this problem , or should
I give more details ?

thanks

paul

Re: Bad envelope while deploying to axis AdminClient

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com>.
Hi Paul!

In cases like this, a tcpmon trace almost always pinpoints the cause of the trouble.  It looks like you're not sending valid XML for some reason.  If you can't figure it out yourself from looking at a trace, please forward it along to the list.

--Glen