Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com> on 2012/11/13 00:58:27 UTC

What's the best way to draw/share diagrams on cwiki?

"A picture is worth a thousand words", as a developer, a diagram or an UML can make other people grasp your ideas more easily. I like to draw diagrams using free online tools, such as, draw.io, because they are free, and cross-platforms. The problem I have right now on cwiki is that I can't draw diagrams directly inside cwiki. Usually, I have to draw diagrams somewhere, then save it as a PNG/JPEG, then insert into cwiki. The downside of this approach is that, other people can't modify or improve the diagram I drew, or collaborating on the design etc.
Don't know other developers have the same requirements or not about sharing/drawing diagrams? What's the apache way in collaborating on the design?
If we can get gliffy(https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gliffy.integration.confluence) or other like tools integrated into cwiki, that will be great!

Re: What's the best way to draw/share diagrams on cwiki?

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
I don't remember. I think I created the text, saved it, then did the 'add'.
I think it may have given me some markup to paste in. Or perhaps it just
added the markup to the document when I saved. Give it a shot.

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.