Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Drew Walters <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/28 15:35:09 UTC

Do we have a loading screen image we should be using for 1.5.  I would
assume that since we are switching to Cordova naming we should also
remove the PhoneGap image used by default for the loading screen.  I
would guess we would use a version of the Cordova pluggable robot:

http://incubator.apache.org/cordova/

Re: Loading screen image for 1.5

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I wouldn't stress about the sizes of loading screens. They are
nice to have as a placeholder but people will not release an app to
the marketplace with a default splash screen. Well at least, they
shouldn't.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.
For BlackBerry, you can choose a smaller image around 300x300 (e.g. the
size of the Cordova logo). WebWorks will automatically center the image for
all devices (not stretch the image). As long as the image has a transparent
background, it will look great.

See the current BlackBerry loading screen for reference [1].

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-blackberry-webworks/blob/master/template/project/www/resources/loading_foreground.png

Posted by Yohei Shimomae <yo...@adobe.com>.
Thanks Shaz. I forgot to account for offset by status bar on iPad. I've pushed updated screens and icons for the new iPad on the site.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yohei,

Posted by Yohei Shimomae <yo...@adobe.com>.
@Drew - no problem!