Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Anitha Muppural (amuppura)" <am...@cisco.com> on 2011/10/17 14:57:55 UTC

Getting errors thrown from sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcher with native or simple or single lock .Please , i need help in resolving the issue.

Hi,

My name is Anitha Muppural and I work as a software Engineer at Cisco.

I have a solr/lucene 3.3.0 installed in I have a single core.

The sorl web application is deployed to websphere application Server 6.1
in a cluster JVM.(2)

I do delta imports programmatically using solrj and application listener
as per the instruction given here
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#Scheduling

1.       Here is my sole config setting snippets

  <lockType>simple</lockType>

<maxFieldLength>10000</maxFieldLength>

    <writeLockTimeout>60000</writeLockTimeout>

    <commitLockTimeout>60000</commitLockTimeout>

<requestHandler name="/qis/dataimport"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler">

  <lst name="defaults">

    <str name="config">qiscore-data-config.xml</str>

  </lst>

  </requestHandler>

2.  Here is the code where I call the delta import inside a timer task

SolrServer server = new CommonsHttpSolrServer(solrCore);

            ModifiableSolrParams params = new ModifiableSolrParams();

            params.set("qt", "/qis/dataimport");

            params.set("command", "delta-import");

            params.set("commit", "true");

            params.set("clean","false");

            params.set("optimize", "true");

            QueryResponse factSummaryResponse = server.query(params);

3. I have set the timer to run every hour.

Once  the delta import is done I get this error intermittently. I have
to restart the solr war for it to go away.

3.       I installed solr/lucene in our development environment and
deployed the solr war to WAS but with a single JVM. I do not see this
error there. Not even once.

4.       The difference between my development and stage environment is

1.       Single to Multiple JVMs.

2.       The owner of the files created in the 2 environments differ in
the sense that development is set to my userd but stage is set a a
generic id.

I appreciate all your help.

Regards,

Anitha Muppural

Re: Getting errors thrown from sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcher with native or simple or single lock .Please , i need help in resolving the issue.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Anitha,

I don't know about others, but your image didn't come through.  Try describing and pasting the text of the error instead.

Otis
----

Posted by "Jaeger, Jay - DOT" <Ja...@dot.wi.gov>.
As others have reported, I also did not get your image.

I am interested in your situation because we will deploy to WAS 7 in production, and have tested there.

One thing I noted that might point to a possible problem you might have:

1.       "The owner of the files created in the 2 environments differ in the sense that development is set to my userd but stage is set a a generic id."

This probably means that in DEV your WAS instance is running as your userid as well.  I'd look at anything that Solr needs to write in (data directory and sub directories, log file, etc.) and make sure that whatever user WAS is running as has access to write those files (and at least read access to everything else in your Solrhome directory.

JRJ

[cid:image002.jpg@01CC8CAA.DC563D30]

3.       I installed solr/lucene in our development environment and deployed the solr war to WAS but with a single JVM. I do not see this error there. Not even once.

4.       The difference between my development and stage environment is

2.       Single to Multiple JVMs.

3.       The owner of the files created in the 2 environments differ in the sense that development is set to my userd but stage is set a a generic id.

I appreciate all your help.

Regards,

Anitha Muppural