Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Nekkalapudi, Viplava" <VN...@erac.com> on 2002/11/05 22:01:36 UTC

Struts1.1 B2 BUG OR Weblogic 6.1 SP2 BUG??????????

I already posted this some time back about the problem of server port
already in use.
We couldn't get away from this problem so we still use STRUTS 1.0.2 for our
application.

We seen that by just modifying the DTD reference from STRUTS 1.0 to STRUTS
1.1 in the struts-config.xml, resulting the port bind error (at the end of
this mail).
We use Struts 1.0.2 with Weblogic Server 6.1 SP2.

I wonder how Struts 1.1 DTD related with the Weblogic port bind error?

If any one want to see this error with their application uses STRTUS 1.0.2,
Just modify the DTD reference in the struts-config.xml to STRUTS 1.1 DTD.
Start weblogic server, shutdown and restart the server again.
(The server binds the port correctly for the first time).

 Any Ideas???

[java] <Oct 8, 2002 9:46:58 AM CDT> <Emergency> <WebLogicServer>
> <Unable to create a server socket for port: 51300.
java.net.BindException:
> Address in use: JVM_Bind Perhaps another process is usi ng port 51300.>
>
> 	[java] <Oct 8, 2002 9:46:58 AM CDT> <Emergency> <WebLogicServer>
> <The WebLogic Server is no longer listening for connections. You should
> probably restart it.>
> 	[java] <Oct 8, 2002 9:46:58 AM CDT> <Alert> <WebLogicServer> <Server
> shutdown has been requested by system>
> 	[java] <Oct 8, 2002 9:46:58 AM CDT> <Alert> <WebLogicServer> <The
> shutdown sequence has been initiated.>

--- Viplava.

Datum: 15.10.2002 18:13
Von: "Nekkalapudi, Viplava" <VN...@erac.com>
Betreff: Struts1.1 B2 BUG OR Weblogic 6.1 SP2 BUG??????????

>       	We are trying to update a web application based on
Struts1.0.2
> Struts 1.1 B2. We use Weblogic 6.1 SP2 on Win 2000.
>       	It used to work fine with Struts 1.0.2 and with Struts 1.1
B2,
> weblogic server fails to start properly using the port and shut down
> initialized automatically (Complaining port is already used). It works
some
> times if we reboot our machines OR wait 5/10 minutes before restart the
App

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Struts1.1 B2 BUG OR Weblogic 6.1 SP2 BUG??????????

Posted by Daniel Jaffa <ja...@courtinnovation.org>.
netstat -a returns

TCP    proliant-ml370:82      proliant-ml370:0       LISTENING
TCP    proliant-ml370:90      proliant-ml370:0       LISTENING
TCP    proliant-ml370:94      proliant-ml370:0       LISTENING

Which are the 3 instances of Weblogic Server 6.1 SP2.

Eddie, this is not a Struts error and it is also not a BEA Weblogic error.
I have configured Weblogic 6.1 with struts 1.1 b1 and b2.  This is a config
error not a
application or framework error.

Viplava,  please look at what your configuration is, I assure you that you
have one small
error that is snowballing you right now.

Daniel Jaffa

Sa' right
Sa' write
Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.