Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Janet Ciavarelli <Jc...@kamloops.ca> on 2006/11/28 19:02:26 UTC

:8080 problem

Hello,
    I am afraid I don't know much about Tomcat but am trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible. I upgraded the server with ColdFusion MX 7.0.1, and now one of our webapps has stopped working. The following URL used to work before the upgrade: http://webserver.kamloops.ca/imf/sites/DataDownload/disclaimer.html
Now it only works if I add in :8080 to the URL as follows: http://webserver.kamloops.ca:8080/imf/sites/DataDownload/disclaimer.html

I really don't want to have to ask our webmaster to add in :8080 to all the links. I believe it is some sort of Tomcat issue. But I'm not sure where to start to resolve this problem. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate that.

Janet

Re: :8080 problem

Posted by RuiXian BAO <ru...@pp.inet.fi>.
Hello,

    This is your head info from the link

    http://webserver.kamloops.ca/imf/sites/DataDownload/disclaimer.html
--------------------------------------

  Response Headers -
  http://webserver.kamloops.ca/imf/sites/DataDownload/disclaimer.html

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:03:06 GMT

500 Internal Server Error

Seems your frontend IIS is not forwarding the request to the tomcat server.

Best

- RuiXian

Re: :8080 problem

Posted by EDMOND KEMOKAI <ek...@gmail.com>.
probably need to change the server.xml to listen on port 80.

--
"talk trash and carry a small stick."
PAUL KRUGMAN (NYT)