Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by dinesh707 <di...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/19 09:08:35 UTC

How to clear all data in a page when you move to a new one ? (Logout)

Hi i have two pages. "Login" page and "Main" page. so if i do the following
steps
1.) Login (Login page --> Main page)
2.) Do stuff in main page. This will re-arrange some lists
3.) Logout (Main page --> Login page)
4.) REPEAT 1.)

when i do the step 4, it will show me the "Main page" from the place i left.
I need to load a new page as i Login for the first time. How to make this
happen. Thank you

Re: How to clear all data in a page when you move to a new one ? (Logout)

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
Your e-mail is confusing: the subject asks something, then the message
itself asks something else.

To clear all persisted data in a page:

@Inject private ComponentResources resources;

resources.discardPersistentFieldChanges();

To kill the user session:

@Inject
private Request request;

Session session = request.getSession(false);
if (session != null) {
	session.invalidate();
}

To redirect to another page in an event handler method (includin
onActivate()): make the method return OtherPage.class or an instance of
OtherPage obtained by @InjectPage.

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 04:08:35 -0300, dinesh707 <di...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi i have two pages. "Login" page and "Main" page. so if i do the
> following
> steps
> 1.) Login (Login page --> Main page)
> 2.) Do stuff in main page. This will re-arrange some lists
> 3.) Logout (Main page --> Login page)
> 4.) REPEAT 1.)
>
> when i do the step 4, it will show me the "Main page" from the place i
> left.
> I need to load a new page as i Login for the first time. How to make this
> happen. Thank you

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo

Re: How to clear all data in a page when you move to a new one ? (Logout)

Posted by ael <al...@dash.com.ph>.
When logout why not redirect it to login page?