Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co> on 2012/09/06 22:57:49 UTC

Process meter presentation problem

Hi there, I used the process indicator example showed in the example in http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/background-tasks.html and everything is working as expected...but at the end I want to show the process logo and when the task finishes I want to show the normal working page...What I want to achieve is something like this..

when the process is running should look like this..
[cid:image005.jpg@01CD8C48.5D056120]
and when the process is finished i want it to show the actual real window
[cid:image006.jpg@01CD8C48.5D056120]

To try to achieve this I have placed components like this

<Border bxml:id="borderB" styles="{backgroundColor:null, padding:2}">
       <ActivityIndicator bxml:id="activityIndicator"/>
    </Border>
    <Border bxml:id="borderA" styles="{backgroundColor:null, padding:2}">
       <TabPane bxml:id="contents"/>
    </Border>

Where this componets are contained into a big Frame class

ublic class BaseFrameController extends Frame implements GenericViewController

In order to show one or another this is what im trying to do

public void activateWaitAction(){
              baseFrame.getBorderA().setVisible(true);
              baseFrame.getContents().setEnabled(false);
              baseFrame.setEnabled(false);
              baseFrame.getActivityIndicator().setActive(true);
       }

       public void releaseWaitAction(){
              baseFrame.getBorderA().setVisible(false);
              baseFrame.getBorderA().setEnabled(false);
              baseFrame.getContents().setEnabled(true);
              baseFrame.setEnabled(true);
              baseFrame.getActivityIndicator().setActive(false);
       }

when the process startarts I call the first method and when finished I call the second one...but nothing happens...I can show one or another window acording on the order I place the in the bxml file...I know this should be a simple rendering problem bur rigth now Im really stuck..Any help'll be really apreciated (The code regarding the task and task monitors works perfect ;) )

Re: Process meter presentation problem

Posted by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.
Hmm, it should be enough just to make it visible or not visible.  I just
did it this way, just because .... But, you should try it.  I'm not
aware of any bug.  If it works, then I can change my code ;)

Thanks,
~Roger Whitcomb

Posted by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co>.
I was checking my code, and I was wondering why I have to remove and re-add the component? shouldn't it be enougth to just activate or desactivate? is it a bug? if it is how can I work on it? (I already have the pivot sources)

I'm really sorry please ignore my last email, It was just a overwork error (just missed something really simple)

Hi there finally I managed to make somethng...but still looks horrible....so here is the sequence...

first i select a company to work with

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD8FFB.0B592FD0]

the the ActivityIndicator is shown as expected
[cid:image002.jpg@01CD8FFB.0B592FD0]
the when the process finishes it shows the neede screen
[cid:image003.jpg@01CD8FFB.0B592FD0]
but when i get back to select another company it removes the works space (It does because I remove it manually)
[cid:image004.jpg@01CD8FFB.0B592FD0][cid:image002.jpg@01CD8FFB.0B592FD0][cid:image005.jpg@01CD8FFB.0B592FD0]
What I really want to do is to see the ActivityIndicator OVER the workspace...Some knows which component should I use???

If someone has a similar requirement I can send my code for that part of the application ;)

I think the info regarding the threads isn't necesary because it works as expected any wai I have a base class tha implements the TaskListener<String> and another one that extends Task<String> and the threads run as I want to...

The BaseFrameController.bxml is managed by the class BaseFrameController which definitio si this one:

public class BaseFrameController extends Frame implements GenericViewController

[cid:image006.jpg@01CD8FFB.0B592FD0][cid:image007.jpg@01CD8FFB.0B592FD0][cid:image008.jpg@01CD8FFB.0B592FD0]

As you can see here It shows first the process monitor the the part it hsould show...but all the marings...and presentation itself is mess up :s

I just want that it only shows the process monitor and then show the workspace

Which thread are these methods running in?  And what is the parent container of these two <Border...> components?  Maybe you could supply a little more context from your main bxml file ....

~Roger Whitcomb

Hi there, I used the process indicator example showed in the example in http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/background-tasks.html and everything is working as expected...but at the end I want to show the process logo and when the task finishes I want to show the normal working page...What I want to achieve is something like this..

when the process is running should look like this..
[cid:image009.jpg@01CD8FFB.0B592FD0]
and when the process is finished i want it to show the actual real window
[cid:image010.jpg@01CD8FFB.0B592FD0]

[...]

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD8C67.0DD97E50]

the the ActivityIndicator is shown as expected
[cid:image002.jpg@01CD8C67.0DD97E50]
the when the process finishes it shows the neede screen
[cid:image003.jpg@01CD8C67.0DD97E50]
but when i get back to select another company it removes the works space (It does because I remove it manually)
[cid:image004.jpg@01CD8C67.0DD97E50][cid:image002.jpg@01CD8C67.0DD97E50][cid:image005.jpg@01CD8C67.0DD97E50]

[cid:image006.jpg@01CD8C67.0DD97E50][cid:image007.jpg@01CD8C67.0DD97E50][cid:image008.jpg@01CD8C67.0DD97E50]

As you can see here It shows first the process monitor the the part it hsould show...but all the marings...and presentation itself is mess up :s

I just want that it only shows the process monitor and then show the workspace

Which thread are these methods running in?  And what is the parent container of these two <Border...> components?  Maybe you could supply a little more context from your main bxml file ....

~Roger Whitcomb

Hi there, I used the process indicator example showed in the example in http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/background-tasks.html and everything is working as expected...but at the end I want to show the process logo and when the task finishes I want to show the normal working page...What I want to achieve is something like this..

when the process is running should look like this..
[cid:image009.jpg@01CD8C67.0DD97E50]
and when the process is finished i want it to show the actual real window
[cid:image010.jpg@01CD8C67.0DD97E50]

[...]

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD8C64.460D2FE0]

the the ActivityIndicator is shown as expected
[cid:image002.jpg@01CD8C64.460D2FE0]
the when the process finishes it shows the neede screen
[cid:image003.jpg@01CD8C64.460D2FE0]
but when i get back to select another company it removes the works space (It does because I remove it manually)
[cid:image004.jpg@01CD8C64.460D2FE0][cid:image002.jpg@01CD8C64.460D2FE0][cid:image005.jpg@01CD8C64.460D2FE0]

[cid:image006.jpg@01CD8C64.460D2FE0][cid:image007.jpg@01CD8C64.460D2FE0][cid:image008.jpg@01CD8C64.460D2FE0]

As you can see here It shows first the process monitor the the part it hsould show...but all the marings...and presentation itself is mess up :s

I just want that it only shows the process monitor and then show the workspace

Which thread are these methods running in?  And what is the parent container of these two <Border...> components?  Maybe you could supply a little more context from your main bxml file ....

~Roger Whitcomb

Hi there, I used the process indicator example showed in the example in http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/background-tasks.html and everything is working as expected...but at the end I want to show the process logo and when the task finishes I want to show the normal working page...What I want to achieve is something like this..

when the process is running should look like this..
[cid:image009.jpg@01CD8C64.460D2FE0]
and when the process is finished i want it to show the actual real window
[cid:image010.jpg@01CD8C64.460D2FE0]

[...]

                           <ActivityIndicator
bxml:id="activityIndicator"/>

Posted by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co>.
Hi there finally I managed to make somethng...but still looks horrible....so here is the sequence...

first i select a company to work with

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD8C5E.98C00D30]

the the ActivityIndicator is shown as expected
[cid:image002.jpg@01CD8C5E.98C00D30]
the when the process finishes it shows the neede screen
[cid:image003.jpg@01CD8C5E.98C00D30]
but when i get back to select another company it removes the works space (It does because I remove it manually)
[cid:image004.jpg@01CD8C5E.98C00D30][cid:image002.jpg@01CD8C5E.98C00D30][cid:image005.jpg@01CD8C5E.98C00D30]

[cid:image008.jpg@01CD8C5E.153E47B0][cid:image009.jpg@01CD8C5E.153E47B0][cid:image010.jpg@01CD8C5E.153E47B0]

As you can see here It shows first the process monitor the the part it hsould show...but all the marings...and presentation itself is mess up :s

I just want that it only shows the process monitor and then show the workspace

Which thread are these methods running in?  And what is the parent container of these two <Border...> components?  Maybe you could supply a little more context from your main bxml file ....

~Roger Whitcomb

Hi there, I used the process indicator example showed in the example in http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/background-tasks.html and everything is working as expected...but at the end I want to show the process logo and when the task finishes I want to show the normal working page...What I want to achieve is something like this..

when the process is running should look like this..
[cid:image011.jpg@01CD8C5E.153E47B0]
and when the process is finished i want it to show the actual real window
[cid:image012.jpg@01CD8C5E.153E47B0]

Posted by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@actian.com>.
I think what you can do is wrap both Border elements inside a StackPane
like this:

<StackPane>

  <Border bxml:id="borderA" ... />

  <Border bxml:id="borderB" .../>

</StackPane>

Then just do the same logic.

~Roger Whitcomb

Posted by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co>.

[cid:image003.jpg@01CD8C52.8BBFEB70][cid:image004.jpg@01CD8C52.8BBFEB70][cid:image005.jpg@01CD8C52.8BBFEB70]

As you can see here It shows first the process monitor the the part it hsould show...but all the marings...and presentation itself is mess up :s

I just want that it only shows the process monitor and then show the workspace

Which thread are these methods running in?  And what is the parent container of these two <Border...> components?  Maybe you could supply a little more context from your main bxml file ....

~Roger Whitcomb

Hi there, I used the process indicator example showed in the example in http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/background-tasks.html and everything is working as expected...but at the end I want to show the process logo and when the task finishes I want to show the normal working page...What I want to achieve is something like this..

when the process is running should look like this..
[cid:image001.jpg@01CD8C51.AE078360]
and when the process is finished i want it to show the actual real window
[cid:image002.jpg@01CD8C51.AE078360]