Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vikas <vi...@unnat-e.com> on 2007/04/10 09:40:46 UTC

why 3 different tags present in WSDL file?

Hi Friends,

Axis2 provides some sample codes with "axis2-1.1.1\samples" directory. When we deploy that web services, we can get wsdl files for all services, but in that WSDL files <wsdl:binding> tag is not making sense. Because in each WSDL file we are getting 3 <wsdl:binding> tags.

eg. "version.aar" web service

1) <wsdl:binding name="VersionSOAP11Binding" type="axis2:VersionPortType">
        <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" style="document"/>
    </wsdl:binding>

2) <wsdl:binding name="VersionSOAP12Binding" type="axis2:VersionPortType">
        <soap12:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" style="document"/>
    </wsdl:binding>

3) <wsdl:binding name="VersionHttpBinding" type="axis2:VersionPortType">
        <http:binding verb="POST"/>
    </wsdl:binding>

Here why do we required 3 different <wsdl:binding> tags. where in 1) & 2) there only name and [<soap>:<soap12>] difference present?

can some one give me more information on this bindings?

With best regards

From
Vikas R. Khengare

Re: why 3 different tags present in WSDL file?

Posted by Philipp Leitner <ph...@gmx.at>.
No. You never /need/ three different bindings unless you want to use all
of them. I reckon that they provided three different bindings in the
examples for convinience only.

/philipp

Posted by Philipp Leitner <ph...@gmx.at>.