Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Lior Schachter <li...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/21 07:01:50 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Liminal (incubating) 0.0.1-INCUBATING

Hi IPMC,

This is a call for vote to release Apache Liminal (Incubating) 0.0.1-
INCUBATING. This will be our first Apache incubator release and we want to
thank everyone involved.

Liminal community vote and result threads:
Vote:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r77439cb6725dc5cd84d911fd61f9c08e59a033e302682c5cfd80c6d8%40%3Cdev.liminal.apache.org%3E

Result:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r8a0c7c009788321efd1772da47a422e1107a2a67cabd2974ad78f56a%40%3Cdev.liminal.apache.org%3E

Installation and testing instructions can be found in the README included.

The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found
at:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/liminal/0.0.1-INCUBATING/

The tag to be voted on:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-liminal/releases/tag/0.0.1rc2-INCUBATING

The SHA512 Checksum for these artifacts is:

dist/apache-liminal-0.0.1-INCUBATING.tar.gz:

2FF1EF4C 734061FB 6BDA3BE2 E8A92E43 6F813334 4EC20715 7B8DE989
1952BA5B CA2483E3 191E041E 58A8D0F0 1E3E2A88 53D04D54 BACE68E4
A23A8B50 055617E5

Release artifacts are signed with the following
key:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/liminal/KEYS

For more information about the contents of this release,
see:https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LIMINAL/versions/12349599

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Liminal 0.0.1-INCUBATING.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Liminal 0.0.1
[ ] +0 No opinion

Lior Schachter

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Liminal (incubating) 0.0.1-INCUBATING

Posted by JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I don’t consider as a blocker but just source archive should be on dist for now.

It makes sense to have convenient binary archive but for liminal and Python not sure it’s fully ready now.

Regards
JB

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Aviem Zur <av...@apache.org>.
Hi,

It is a tar that is created as part of the python setup process.
We will not include it in releases going forward

Thanks,
aviem

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Lior Schachter <li...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback Justin.
We will fix the issues and create a new release candidate.

Lior

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

[...]

I’m not sure what apache-liminal-0.0.1-INCUBATING.tar.gz is vs apache-liminal-0.0.1-INCUBATING-source.tar.gz. apache-liminal-0.0.1-INCUBATING.tar.gz  is missing LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER. A release must include these file.