Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by mauro castelli <ca...@hotmail.com> on 2006/06/20 10:40:00 UTC

ICU version on .NET2005 with Xalan 1.10.0

Hi all,
in order achieve support for "format-number" Xalan (release 1.10.0)
must be integrated with ICU 3.2.

I'm working with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005 and the ICU web page
(http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/usagepatterns.html#icu) suggests to download
the ICU last release (3.4.1) for that development environment.
Which ICU release do you suggest? I'd prefer the ICU 3.4.1, but I'd like to
know whether
there are any known compatibility issues with Xalan1.10.0/Xerces2.7.0
Thanks and Regards,
Mauro Castelli.

Personalizza MSN Messenger con sfondi e fotografie!
http://www.ilovemessenger.msn.it/

Re: ICU version on .NET2005 with Xalan 1.10.0

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
mauro castelli wrote:
> Hi all,
> in order achieve support for "format-number" Xalan (release 1.10.0)
> must be integrated with ICU 3.2.
>
> I'm working with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005 and the ICU web page
> (http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/usagepatterns.html#icu) suggests to download
> the ICU last release (3.4.1) for that development environment.
> Which ICU release do you suggest? I'd prefer the ICU 3.4.1, but I'd like
> to know whether
> there are any known compatibility issues with Xalan1.10.0/Xerces2.7.0

I don't believe it's been tested.  The latest I've used is ICU 3.2, but we don't often have compatibility issues, so you
may want to just give it a shot and see what happens.

Dave