Posted to fortress@directory.apache.org by Marco Zanghì <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/15 12:38:06 UTC

info fortress glassfish javaEE

Hi,
I am working on an integration of the apache fortress with javaEE
application, deployed in a glassfish/payara AS. Is it possible ? I've tried
to find a custom realm for glassfish AS but it seems is not currently
supported. Am I wrong? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks a lot

*Marco Zanghì - marcozanghi3 AT gmail DOT com*

Re: info fortress glassfish javaEE

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Jun 15, 2017, at 8:44 AM, Yudhi Karunia Surtan <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Honestly this is very interesting.
> Currently fortress only supporting tomcat realm from the beginning.
> It would be great if we could cover all web container like jetty, wildfly
> and so on.

Hi Yudhi,

Agree wholeheartedly with your comments.  We will support any credible attempts to integrate fortress with any popular container or framework.  The goal of course is to harvest that work and improve support for our community.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: info fortress glassfish javaEE

Posted by Yudhi Karunia Surtan <br...@gmail.com>.
Honestly this is very interesting.
Currently fortress only supporting tomcat realm from the beginning.
It would be great if we could cover all web container like jetty, wildfly
and so on.

Regards,

Yudhi Karunia Surtan
--------------------------------------
https://github.com/yudhik

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Marco, welcome.

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Jun 19, 2017, at 2:56 PM, Marco Zanghì <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'll try to map the core-fortress API with a Glassfish Realm. Do you think
> it is good starting point the Tc7AccessMgrProxy implementation?

Hello Marco,

That’s cool you’re going to give this a try.

I recommend using the J2eePolicyMgr APIs in fortress-realm-impl as they were specifically designed for usage inside of a container plug-in:

http://static.javadoc.io/org.apache.directory.fortress/fortress-realm-impl/2.0.0-RC2/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/J2eePolicyMgr.html

At least you can start there, and if we need some apis in the core, they will be available too because the realm-impl depends on core.

As far as a model to follow, you’re on the right track but the proxy is using a URLclassloader to load the impl classes, which keeps the impl classes off the container’s system classpath and on the apps classpath, contained in the .war file.

However I’d like to help out with the proxy, as I have some experience, and it can be tricky getting it right.

But for your try, you can skip a proxy, and use something like this, class that is in the realm-impl:
http://static.javadoc.io/org.apache.directory.fortress/fortress-realm-impl/2.0.0-RC2/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/tomcat/TcAccessMgrImpl.html

Which will require you to throw the fortress jars on the system classloader once you’re ready to test.

Once we’ve got it working that way, we can try to get the proxy layer going as a second step.

Does this make sense?

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: info fortress glassfish javaEE

Posted by Marco Zanghì <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'll try to map the core-fortress API with a Glassfish Realm. Do you think
it is good starting point the Tc7AccessMgrProxy implementation?
 Bye

*Marco Zanghì - marcozanghi3 AT gmail DOT com*