Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Alexandre B <le...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/07 11:53:24 UTC

Roller 2.3: How to search for words in entries or comments or both ?

Dear Roller users,

I'm using Roller 2.3 (I plan to test the latest release 3.1 but for now I
have no other choice than using roller 2.3).

I was wondering if it was possible to use the Roller search feature to:

* search in the entries content ONLY
* search in the comments ONLY
* both search in entries or comments

My search requests always return entries where my search query was
indifferently  in the entry text OR in the comments.

It can be annoying and frustrating for users who search for specific words
in the author's entry contribution only and get a list with entries where
their search words are not present in the entry text but in the comments.

Do you know if this can be fixed or programmed in a macro ?

Is it possible to restrict searches in entries or comments with the latest
Roller version ? (I checked the documentation for Roller 3.1 but haven't
found anything on this).

If no, this might be an interesting feature for future Roller versions...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards,

Alexandre