Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/25 19:45:40 UTC

Metron User Community Meeting Call

I would like to propose a Metron user community meeting. I propose that we
set the meeting next week, and will throw out Wednesday, January 31st at
09:30AM PST, 12:30 on the East Coast and 5:30 in London Towne. This meeting
will be held over a web-ex, the details of which will be included in the
actual meeting notice.
Topics

We have a volunteer for a community member presentation:

Ahmed Shah (PMP, M. Eng.) Cybersecurity Analyst & Developer GCR -
Cybersecurity Operations Center Carleton University - cugcr.com

Ahmed would like to talk to the community about

   -

   Who the GCR group is
   -

   How they use Metron 0.4.1
   -

   Walk through their dashboards, UI management screen, nifi
   -

   Challenges we faced up until now

I would like to thank Ahmed for stepping forward for this meeting.

If you have something you would like to present or talk about please reply
here! Maybe we can have people ask for “A better explanation of feature
XXXXX” type things?
Metron User Community Meetings

User Community Meetings are a means for realtime discussion of experiences
with Apache Metron, or demonstration of how the community is using or will
be using Apache Metron.

These meetings are geared towards:

   -

   Demonstrations and knowledge sharing as opposed to technical discussion
   or implementation details from members of the Apache Metron Community
   -

   Existing Feature demonstrations
   -

   Proposed Feature demonstrations
   -

   Community feedback

These meetings are *not* for :

   -

   Support discussions. Those are best left to the mailing lists.
   -

   Development discussions. There is another type of meeting for that.

Re: Metron User Community Meeting Call

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.
I can't wait!  This is going to be really cool :)

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Sirota <js...@apache.org>.
Yeah very interested in the presentation as well

26.01.2018, 15:15, "Simon Elliston Ball" <si...@simonellistonball.com>:
> This is going to be a really exciting call. Looking forward to seeing how the GCR Canary sings :)
>
> I’m going to volunteer https://hortonworks.zoom.us/my/simonellistonball as a location for the meeting.
>
> I would also support the idea of a quick poll on what people are doing with Metron, and maybe if anyone wants to volunteer at the end of the meeting it would be great to have an open mic of use cases.
>
> Talk to you all Wednesday.
>
> Simon
>
>>  On 26 Jan 2018, at 22:10, Seal, Steve <st...@cgi.com> wrote:
>>
>>  HI all,
>>
>>  I have several people on my team that are looking forward to hearing about Ahmed’s work.
>>
>>  Steve

-------------------
Thank you,

James Sirota
PMC- Apache Metron
jsirota AT apache DOT org

Re: Metron User Community Meeting Call

Posted by James Sirota <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>.

Posted by Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>.

Posted by "Seal, Steve" <st...@cgi.com>.
HI all,

From: Ahmed Shah <Ah...@cmail.carleton.ca>>
Date: Friday, January 26, 2018 at 2:06 PM
To: "dev@metron.apache.org<ma...@metron.apache.org>" <de...@metron.apache.org>>, "user@metron.apache.org<ma...@metron.apache.org>" <us...@metron.apache.org>>

Looking forward to presenting!

Just a thought...

In advanced should we create a Google Forms to collect survey data on who is using Metron, how they are using it, ext.. and present the results to the group?

-Ahmed
Ahmed Shah (PMP, M. Eng.)
Cybersecurity Analyst & Developer
GCR - Cybersecurity Operations Center
Carleton University - cugcr.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cugcr.com_tiki_lce_index.php&d=DwMGaQ&c=H50I6Bh8SW87d_bXfZP_8g&r=yeB_CytRmKpr9adMUN0qfcwJfnmWAQuHY9inQHsSRow&m=1J5p3hWBZj3Fc4Xy-CytnTi_kafYqRMsY-Ntvr5HlHw&s=Pj0RGStdqj0bZkCYqDZCE_ZA1mRVP-jN6kxxYqgzK2E&e=>

________________________________
Count me in. Very interested to hear about Ahmed's journey.

Posted by Daniel Schafer <Da...@sstech.us>.
Absolutely,
I will start email chain separately with Simon and you to work on logistics for next Meeting.

Thanks

Daniel
7134806608

From: James Sirota <js...@apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 2:56 PM
To: "user@metron.apache.org" <us...@metron.apache.org>, "dev@metron.apache.org" <de...@metron.apache.org>

Hi Guys,

Looks like something went wrong with the recording today. It just recorded two short clips:

https://youtu.be/VWMMam4RXFs
https://youtu.be/oxZSVELckzA

Daniel, would you mind jumping back on zoom at some point and re-recording that demo? It was awesome and I would like for the community to have a record of it. I can jump on with you and make sure it gets recorded properly this time.

Thanks,
James

From: Ahmed Shah <Ah...@cmail.carleton.ca>>
Date: Friday, January 26, 2018 at 2:06 PM