Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ilja <ki...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/16 09:54:46 UTC

Why is my page stateless, and how do I make it stateful? (using Wicket 1.4-m3)

Hi,
I have a mounted, bookmarkable page with a form in it.

My problem is that I want to keep state in the page. However, at every
request, the page is constructed anew and, obviously, I lose the state I'd
like to keep.

At the same time (and this mystifies me a little), form components seem to
keep state between requests during validation (non-form components, such as
Labels, which are also included in my form class, do not keep state).

So, since the page is re-constructed at every request, am I dealing with a
stateless page (even though the form seems to keep some state)?
And how could I make that page stateful?
(I've tried setting setStatelessHint(false) on the page but that doesn't
make a difference).
Why is the page stateless even though it has a stateful component (the form)
in it?

I've scoured the Wiki and can't seem to find an answer to this problem.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!

ilja

Re: Why is my page stateless, and how do I make it stateful? (using Wicket 1.4-m3)

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
Ilja,

This does indeed "sound strange", in fact, worse than that!
I'd like to take a look so if you can, make the *simplest possible*
Quickstart demonstrating this problem.

Regards - Cemal
http://www.jWeekend.co.uk http://jWeekend.co.uk

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
try adding a Link to the page and see if it still happens. also, what
is the action url of the form?

-igor

Posted by Ilja <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Copy the quickstart back to your application and "VIOLA"!  Fixed!  :)

It seems that there is still something in your application that is causing
this - try to do a diff and see what differences exist.

Posted by Ilja <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
Ilja (and anyone who doesn't make use of simple Wicket Quickstart projects to

Posted by Ilja <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
Ilja,