Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Paul <yd...@yahoo.com> on 2001/01/05 22:42:18 UTC

of ports and protocols and redirection...

Alright, I realize this is possibly a silly question, and apologize in
advance, *but*.....

Our company issues it's own digicerts, and our site allows free access
to anyone with one of those. We allow free access to anybody in a core
"public" area, regardless. Currently I'm using an external redirect in
the PerlPostReadRequestHandler if someone tries to hit a secured page
on the nonsecure HTTP protocol.

I'm not using front/back end servers; it's a reasonably small intranet
site behind a firewall.

Is that reasonable? Or would there be some vastly better way with
mod_rewrite or something?

Thanks, all.
P.

http://photos.yahoo.com/