Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Curious_Coder <ja...@littlewoods.co.uk> on 2007/06/07 11:50:02 UTC

Difference in Running Tomcat on Command Line and in Eclipse

This may be a newb question, but im going to ask anyway. What is the
difference between running tomcat on the command line and running tomcat
through eclipse?

The difference may be an individual thing so I'll describe the issue im
having in a bit more detail. When I start the tomcat server on the command
line, using the command;

[code]
startup.sh
[/code]

I am able to access through localhost, the jakarta apache welcome page and
other pages i've put there. However when I start up the  server in eclipse I
cannot access the jakarta home page or other pages or deploy any .war files
that are there. Why is this?