Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tony Jewell <to...@cregganna.com> on 2014/10/13 01:09:52 UTC

Request for functionality in maven-assembly-plugin - ignoreProjectBuildFilters

Hi,

We hit an issue when using maven-assembly-plugin:2.4.1.

We were using filters in assemblies to filter config property files
according to the assembly we were producing - thus targetting our various
environments.

In the Project Build we defined test filter sources for tests and running
in the IDE.

Unfortunately, the default action in maven-assembly-plugin is to include
all ${project.build.filters} - before the filters defined in the Assembly
configuration. This meant all our assemblies had the Test configs.

I have attached an example project that displays the issue and a patch to
the current trunk maven-assembly-plugin:2.4.2-SNAPSHOT.

A snippet from sample pom.xml showing the proposed new
ignoreProjectBuildFilters config boolean usage is:

          <plugin>
              <version>${maven-assembly-plugin.version}</version>
              <executions>
                  <execution>
                      <id>prod-assemble</id>
                      <phase>package</phase>
                      <configuration>
                          <!-- Do not include the Filters as defined in the
Project Build -->

<includeProjectBuildFilters>false</includeProjectBuildFilters>
                          <filters>

<filter>src/main/filters/prod.properties</filter>
                          </filters>
                          <descriptors>

<descriptors>src/main/assemblies/prod-assemble.xml</descriptors>
                          </descriptors>
                      </configuration>
                  </execution>
              </executions>
          </plugin>

Thanks,

Tony Jewell
Cregganna Computer Consultants Ltd

Re: Request for functionality in maven-assembly-plugin - ignoreProjectBuildFilters

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 13 October 2014 19:12, Tony Jewell <to...@cregganna.com> wrote:

> Thanks Barrie,
>
> Have now created login on Xicrles
>
> A 2.4.2 release would be really cool as we are currently blocked on this
> and I'd rather not use patched plugins in our build.

Somewhere on the internet is my notes for creating local patched releases
for this exact scenario, and allowing you to upgrade to the official one
when it comes out.
I'm at home at the moment and I can't find those notes!
They should be somewhere obvious - like on the Maven site, the wiki or in
the achives, but my google fu is failing me right now.
Damn, writing this email made me try harder.
Its here http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Patching+Maven+Plugins
but its really old and probably still ok, but just check before you use it.

Re: Request for functionality in maven-assembly-plugin - ignoreProjectBuildFilters

Posted by Tony Jewell <to...@cregganna.com>.
Thanks Barrie,

Have now created login on Xicrles

A 2.4.2 release would be really cool as we are currently blocked on this
and I'd rather not use patched plugins in our build.

ATB
Tony Jewell

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
I was planning to release yesterday, but then repository.apache.org
got a full disk. ETA is thursday, so the release should be consumable
for end users sometime next week unless we run into troubles.

It's a big release so there's a fair chance of trouble :)

Kristian

Posted by Tony Jewell <to...@cregganna.com>.
Hello again,

Posted by Tony Jewell <to...@cregganna.com>.