Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Christian Ewers <CE...@de.ibm.com> on 2007/02/02 14:25:44 UTC

Local-EPR with axis2 platform

Hi,

I'm trying to switch from the mini to the axis2 environment. I still have
one problem.
When calling "getResource().getEndpointReference()"
within a capability I get a full qualified hostname as adress when using
the mini-plattform, but under axis2 I always get the local IP (127.0.0.1)
as adress.

Can I change that behavior by any axis2 or server configuration? Or can I
access the AxisEnvironment class programmatically to change the defaultURI?

thanks,
Christian

RE: Local-EPR with axis2 platform

Posted by "Srinivasan Packirisamy (spackiri)" <sp...@cisco.com>.
I believe the issue is because localhost maps to 127.0.0.1. I have tried
mapping the localhost to the ethernetIP (etc/hosts) of my machine and
things work fine. But, not sure whether that's the right thing to do.

Thank You,

~Srini

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
hmmm. the axis2 environment is making sure the IP address is inserted into
new EPRs, which we did in order to ensure that requests to the resource
would go through as often as possible, regardless of what stood between
client and service. the mini environment is not doing that, it's just
using the host provided in the initial request.

I actually think that the mini environment should be doing what the axis2
environment is doing, but I'm not sure why you're getting the local IP.
the only time that happens for me is if I'm testing on a machine that is
not online. I'm guessing that's not the case here.

let me do some more experimenting and see what I can come up with.