Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/26 22:37:34 UTC

Actual process to make changes on the website

Hi all

I noticed, that the web frontend of the Apache CMS don't work anymore.
Ne manual process need access to the people Server, right? For some
reasons (I don't know what) I can't connect people.apache.org :-(

Should I contact Infra to solve the problem, or is there a other way to
update the website?

Regards Raphael

Re: Actual process to make changes on the website

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dennis

Am 11/27/2016 um 5:51 PM schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> Alternatively,
>
> Log onto <https://cms.apache.org/ooo-site/> with your Apache ID and password.
>
> Then click the "Publish ooo-site site" link.
>
> There is no need for the Perl script and this should work in any current browser.  (I just confirmed it with IE 11.)
I know this, but it looks like the CMS dosen't like me atm. I'm able to
commit, but for some reason publishing dosen't work. No matter if I use
the web interface or the publish.pl. I know from infra that they have
quite often problemes with the Apache CMS and they add no new project to
it. So maybe I'm a victim of this problem. I'll talk to Joe from infra.

Regartd, Raphael

RE: Actual process to make changes on the website

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.
Alternatively,

Log onto <https://cms.apache.org/ooo-site/> with your Apache ID and password.

Then click the "Publish ooo-site site" link.

There is no need for the Perl script and this should work in any current browser.  (I just confirmed it with IE 11.)

 - Dennis

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea

Am 11/27/2016 um 12:27 AM schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> Raphael Bircher wrote:
>> I noticed, that the web frontend of the Apache CMS don't work anymore.
>
> Well, it never really worked for me. I've always used SVN access to
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk (or
> subdirectories of it).
>
>> Ne manual process need access to the people Server, right? For some
>> reasons (I don't know what) I can't connect people.apache.org :-(
>
> It is being retired. The partial replacement is home.apache.org but
> it's SFTP-only (no shell).
>
>> Should I contact Infra to solve the problem, or is there a other way to
>> update the website?
>
> You checkout the above repository or one of the subdirectories (for
> the tree see: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/ ) on
> your local computer, you make changes and you commit. Then there is
> the publishing step, or you just wait for someone to publish the site;
> this is unchanged, but if you need details on this too just ask after
> you have committed your changes.
Thx for your information The thing with the SVN I know. I'm interested
in the publishing step.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.