Posted to apps-dev@avalon.apache.org by Themba Mbatha <Th...@discoveryhealth.co.za> on 2002/06/18 18:40:23 UTC

Scheduler Container

Hi All;

I have a need for contained components that can be scheduled for execution.
I have decided to build this application server and have decided on using
Avalon Phoenix as the kernel/base. Before I proceed with defining the spec,
I would like to know something like is/has been done already?

Regards,
Themba Mbatha

RMIHelloWorldClient question

Posted by Song Chang <cs...@yahoo.com>.
Hi, I deployed avalon-rmidemo.sar. But when I run "ant
rmi-demo-test -verbose", I got the following error,

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
sun/reflect/SerializationConstructorAccessorImpl

I am using JDK1.4 on Solaris.

Any clue?

Thanks.

SC

Re: Scheduler Container

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 18 June 2002 12:40 pm, Themba Mbatha wrote:
> I have a need for contained components that can be scheduled for execution.
> I have decided to build this application server and have decided on using
> Avalon Phoenix as the kernel/base. Before I proceed with defining the spec,
> I would like to know something like is/has been done already?

Cornerstone (http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/cornerstone/) has a
TimeScheduler block/component that you can include in your application and
use to schedule execution of other components.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org