Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Avi Vaknin <av...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/29 11:50:12 UTC

Oozie on the namenode server

Hi All,

I want to install Oozie and I wonder if it is OK to install it on the name
node or maybe I need to install dedicated server to it.

I have a very small Hadoop cluster (4 datanodes + namenode + secondary
namenode).

Thanks for your help.

Avi

RE: Oozie on the namenode server

Posted by Avi Vaknin <av...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot.
I think I'll install it on the namenode.

Should be OK to do so at this stage. However, keep monitoring loads on
the machines to determine when to move things out to their own
dedicated boxes.

--
Harsh J
-----

Re: Oozie on the namenode server

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
[Moving thread to Oozie aliases and hadoop's alias to BCC]

Avi,

Currently you can have a cold standby solution.

An Oozie setup consists of 2 systems, a SQL DB (storing all Oozie jobs
state) and a servlet container (running Oozie proper). You need you DB to be
high available. You need to have a second installation of Oozie configured
identically to the running on stand by. If the running Oozie fails, you
start the second one.

The idea (we once did a prototype using Zookeeper) is to eventually support
a multithreaded Oozie server, that would give both high-availability and
horizontal scalability. Still you'll need a High Available DB.

Thanks.

Alejandro

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

--