Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by santhosh kotte <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2012/02/18 13:04:44 UTC

Axis 1.1(Java): Problem with missing namespace prefix in SOAP Body

Hello
I am using Axis 1.1 to call a web service.
While converting
 a  org.w3c.dom.Element into a org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBodyElement
the namespace prefix present in the Element is being removed.
Eg:
Following is the Element
<ns:Extend xmlns:ns="http://xyz" ></ns:Extend>
When it is converted into  SOAPBodyElement it becomes
<Extend></Extend>

I am using the following constructor to create SOAPBodyElement from Element type.
SOAPBodyElement sle=new SOAPBodyElement(bodyElement);
where bodyElement is the Element type.

The second issue is that the multiple namespace prefixes are generated for the same namespace URI when the Element type is converted to SOAPBodyElement type.
Eg:
xmlns:x="http://xyz"
xmlns:y="http://xyz"
xmlns:z="http://xyz"

Can anyone please help me in resolving this issue?

Thanks in advance
santhosh

Re: Axis 1.1(Java): Problem with missing namespace prefix in SOAP Body

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 13:04, santhosh kotte <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello
> I am using Axis 1.1 to call a web service.

You just said that you are using Axis 1.4. Can you clarify this please?

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.