Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by levik <le...@hotmail.com> on 2006/07/19 16:26:27 UTC

Installation Errors

Ok, I'm going to try and give you all the info right up front that you might
need, if I leave something out let me know. Also, I apologize if I give to
much info. I'll also start off with the fact that I've only been working
with setting up a web server for about a month now.

Specs:
Win 2k SP4
Apache 2.2.2(win32)
mod_aspdotnet 2.2
PHP 5.2.0-dev
mod_jk 1.2.15
mod_perl 2.0.3-dev
Perl v5.8.8

http://www.nabble.com/user-files/49/error.log error.log

I've included my error log if that helps. My problem is I cannot view asp
pages, and the only ones I'm trying to view are the ones that came with
Apache::Asp. The bookmarks and search ones. When I browse to the
folder(located in my webroot) in IE I get HTTP 500 - Internal server error.
Have I not installed Apache::Asp correctly? Or is there something simple I'm
just not seeing? I appreciate the help, its been one heck of a learning
curve, I've spent most of this week getting CPAN to work for me, which btw,
requires being able to build the modules on your own anyways ;-) .

Re: Installation Errors

Posted by Warren Young <wa...@etr-usa.com>.
levik wrote:
> I did post my error log, didn't I?

Sorry, I missed it.

Here's the start of the relevant line:

[Wed Jul 19 08:46:07 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] can't open file
/tmp/asp/server/internal.lock: No such file or directory at ....

It's looking for /tmp/asp/...  This isn't going to exist on a Windows
box!  Change the line in httpd.conf referring to this to some temp space
Apache can use.

Re: Installation Errors

Posted by levik <le...@hotmail.com>.
I did post my error log, didn't I?

Re: Installation Errors

Posted by Warren Young <wa...@etr-usa.com>.
levik wrote:
> When I browse to the
> folder(located in my webroot) in IE I get HTTP 500 - Internal server error.

Look in Apache's error_log, then.  Post the entire error text if you
don't understand it.  It could be many lines.