Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net> on 2006/12/10 17:34:45 UTC

best practice: working with a css editor/designer

Hi all,

Wanted to ask about some best practices for working with designers.

After deisgning my components I got an html/css from a designer and I
find updating is somehow tricky:

I have to add $remove$ and $content$ and jwcid=... to the template on
many components, so the original template ends up in many different
versions -

for example: the border component will remove the main-content, where
the home page will $content$ the main content.

and so on, and so on...

If I want to keep it persistent, every component will have a whole page
as template, normally with a $content$ somewhere.

Now - if the designer makes some small changes I have to add the jwcid's
and the $xxx$ again to each component and so on...

So how do you keep the whole thing maintainable?

By the way - is jwcid="@SomeComponent" allowed inside a $remove$ or
outside a $content$ ?

Cheers,
Ron