Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by yhjhoo <yh...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/07 15:49:51 UTC

RE: Why does a JAX-WS client use the WSDL at run time?

I am encountering this issue now.

My wsdl file too big, the client takes quite long time to start.

RE: Why does a JAX-WS client use the WSDL at run time?

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
Hi,

Basically it is not absolutely necessary for the client to use WSDL at runtime time.
There are some cases when this is handy:
1. Using complex schema validations
2. Applying WS-Policy embedded to the WSDL
3. Resolving endpoint through the WSDL (if WSDL is retrieved from the central storage)

If this is not your case, you will be able to run client without WSDL. CXF will build service model on the base of generated classes.

Regards,
Andrei.