Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/22 00:01:11 UTC

Handling ATS downtime

Folks,
     In the middle of big discussion on how to get delegation tokens from
ATS for Oozie jobs, another question came up. What is the behaviour of
running tez jobs if ATS goes down. Haven't tried it out, but my guess is
the job is going to fail. Or do we do something now to handle the failure
and still have the job complete successfully?

Regards,
Rohini

Re: Handling ATS downtime

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Agreed. @Jonathan, can you file jiras for the 2 cases with related stack traces?

The domain handling might be the trickier issue as we will need to disable ATS publishing in case the domain could not be created.

— Hitesh

Re: Handling ATS downtime

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: Handling ATS downtime